1st April 2009 to 30th June 2009
Hosted by
Royal Reviews

Friday, April 10, 2009

Dark Desire by Christine Feehan

Dark Desire (Carpathians, #2)Rating: 5/5
Alaine's Reading Blog

I didn't think it was possible but I loved the second book in the Carpathian series even more than the first. This book tells the story of Jacques and Shea and it's hard to say which of their stories is more interesting. Shea is a fascinating woman who is a surgeon and healer and she's the perfect mate for Jacques. Jacques is Mikhail’s brother who was mortally wounded in the first book and only survived because of Raven, Mikhail's life mate. The great thing about this series is that each book build's on the previous book and so continues Mikhail and Raven's story. The suspense that was built up in this book was fantastic and kept me on the edge of my seat.

The Carpathian race is almost extinct and one of the reasons for this is that 80% of babies born are male. So the fight is on to save the race, and to do that they need females. What Gregori's (the healer) research has shown is that females who are telepathic make perfect life mates. It will be interesting to see how the Carpathians rebuild their race in coming books.

As I said in my last review I recommend rushing out and buying all 20 books in this series. I already have 6 and counting!

No comments: